Bienvenue! Welcome to this beautiful 1812 farmhouse, with ample space to enjoy nature, thanks to 27 acres of mixed fields and forest. Onsite, you’ll find a home-based micro-bakery and a bio-intensive market garden. Bordered by the Peanut Line Trail, this stay allows easy access for ski-dooing, walking, cycling and snowshoeing. Berry bushes, wild apple trees and crabtree, native Champlain grape and hundreds of budding lilacs are ready to welcome you in the Spring, and beautiful colours in the Fall.
*2022 Alert ~ Ontario Staycation Tax Rebate in effect for Ontarians*
The Weekend Farmstay Package of $380 + taxes for minimum 2 nights includes:
– Suite stay for 2 adults
– Daily Fresh-made, Organic Sourdough Breakfast
– 1 Picnic Bag or Platter, filled with farm-fresh and local products*
– 1 Full Bar of Organic Soap from Ground Soap, a local company
– 1 small jar of bubble bath and bath bombs, to relax in the soaker tub
– Unlimited make-your-own local coffee, tea and herbal tea
– Free access to 2 pairs of adult snowshoes to wander around the property
– 2 Free Rental Vouchers for snowshoes, crosscountry skis or a fat bike at Summerstown Trails (5 mins away, based on availablility)
– *Opt to swap out the gourmet platter with a gourmet S’Mores Kit, weather depending.
– Free access to 2 bikes to go visit the adjacent gravel Peanut Line Trail to the historic village of Williamstown (about 35-50 mins bicycle ride, or gravel surface) or bring them to Cornwall’s riverside trails
– A guided visit of our bio-intensive, organic Market Garden, and an opportunity to participate in certain seasonal tasks
Breakfast would consist of a choice of: homemade organic sourdough waffles and maple syrup OR homemade organic sourdough bread and jams; homemade tahini and maple syrup granola; milk; yogurt; fruit; coffee, juice or teas. Reduced version also possible, as well as vegan options.
You’ll have your own private suite, with access to your own porch, entrance and ample parking. This suite is suitable for 2 adults. If you need to bring children or are 4 adults, please enquire first and we can discuss.
Please Take Note:
*The private suite is the ideal location to disconnect in nature. Mobile reception with Bell/Virgin/Telus is poor here. High-speed WIFI is currently not available in this area, and hence we cannot “guarantee” it worry-free for distance work/school purposes, as owner also works full time at home. But it’s been very reliable. The television is DVD enabled only.
*House-trained dogs (max 2 and cannot be left alone in room, unless in kennel) are welcome. Apologies, but no other types of animals are allowed in suite. *Our poultry free-ranges*
*Note the private suite is still partially connected to the main home, which is two centuries old and perhaps not as sound-proof as newer builds. We always do our best to keep the noise minimal.