Boutique Victorian Getaway with High Tea
Stay for two relaxing nights at the Secret Garden Inn, which offers luxury and modern comfort in a classic Victorian setting. Surrounded by beautiful gardens, this fully restored and historically designated inn will transport you back in time in the most delightful way during your holiday in Kingston.
Immerse yourself in the era even further with an indulgent afternoon of High Tea, served in traditional 1840s English style. Think buttery scones with clotted cream and house-made sweet and savoury delicacies. A gourmet breakfast is included each morning — a perfect meal to fuel your explorations of historic Kingston, all within walking distance of the inn.
*Take advantage of Ontario’s 2022 Staycation Tax Rebate, up to 20%*
3 Days/2 Nights - $649/couple CAD
Landsby is a Preferred Partner with VIA Rail – take the train to Kingston to enjoy this experience. Contact us to add your rail tickets.
Book an experience with Landsby and benefit from our preferred car rental agreements with Enterprise/National:
- Special contract rates
- Ceiling rates or 10% off best rate for National Car Rental
- 5% discount for Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Complimentary membership in National’s Emerald Club®
- Free additional driver
- Two night’s stay for two people in one of the Inn’s uniquely decorated deluxe rooms, which includes the use of the rest of the house and beautiful grounds.
- Signature afternoon High Tea experience for 2 people including fresh-baked scones, 4 sweets per person, 4 tea sandwiches per person and a glass of bubbly.
- Gourmet breakfast served each morning.
- Items of a personal nature
- The price listed is per couple. We are able to customize this package to add or subtract nights and inclusions.
- Additional nights
- Private, outdoor activities
- Wellness treatments such as massage, facial, manicure, pedicure and more
- Excursions to 1000 Islands, Prince Edward County, Frontenac County and more can be easily arranged
Arrive for your Kingston weekend getaway or weekday holiday and check in at the beautiful Secret Garden Inn. Check in is 4 p.m.
Start with a stroll around the namesake garden, which offers a magnificent spot to walk, lounge or rest. Inside you’ll find modern furnishings with a decidedly Victorian-era vibe. The building, which is historically designated, was constructed in 1888 by Scottish fur and leather merchant John McKay. Now a landmark building in Kingston’s downtown core, the Inn is just steps away from Queen’s University, Lake Ontario and countless local amenities. It is the perfect spot for your Kingston trip.
High Tea is a grand affair, served in the tradition of 1840s England. You’ll be served house-made sweet and savoury delicacies on hand-crafted, tiered cake stands commissioned from local blacksmith Stefan Duerst and local potter Mark Lemieux of Black Dog Pottery. Indulge in a glass of bubbly as you savour the delicious petit fours, delicate cakes and buttery scones accompanied by clotted cream and house-made jams. Please advise us of any special needs or allergies at the time of booking.
Each morning, indulge in a gourmet breakfast made fresh just for you. The perfect meal to fuel your explorations of historic Kingston. Or if you’d prefer a quieter retreat, enjoy a stroll or read a book in the delightful garden.