Lodge and Paddling Experience on Lake Superior
Experience one-night in this unique location, perched on the Canadian Shield overlooking sweet Lake Superior with water and forest vistas in all directions. Packaged with a guided day trip by sea kayak, this is the perfect one-night, 2-day Ontario Signature Experience.
Treat yourself, gift it to a friend or loved one, or say thank you to a colleague or employee.
1 Night and 2 Days - $479.00/couple CAD
- Overnight accommodation at Rock Island Lodge in Wawa, Ontario in a Queen room.
- All bedrooms come with en-suite 3-piece washrooms.
- Price includes breakfast and lunch as outlined below.
- Guided day trip by sea kayak including guide, packed or lodge lunch, fully outfitted sea kayak.
- Home-style lunch and dinner are available for an additional cost.
- For a 2-night stay, please purchase 2 experiences by adding 2 to your cart.
- All prices are for 2 people
- 100% refundable outside of 22 days prior to departure once your dates have been selected. Before your dates have been selected, this purchase can be fully refunded to the original cardholder.
- Once purchased, please contact us to inquire about availability in 2021.
- Additional water experiences are available including a guided day trip by canoe, a guided day trip down the Michipicoten River, learn to Stand-up-Paddleboard and more.
Identified by French explorer Samuel de Champlain on his 1632 map, Michipicoten(Wawa) was an important junction on the main westbound fur trading route linking the Great Lakes with James bay, and an early trading post of the Hudson’s Bay Company.
Wawa is an ideal stopover point for drive touring along the north shore of Lake Superior from Sault Ste. Marie to Thunder Bay, with an eco-interpretive park, spectacular waterfalls, beaches, hiking trails, nearby rivers and lakes to view wildlife and enjoy the unspoiled wilderness.
This experience is located on a seven-acre peninsula of boreal forest, pre-Cambrian greenstone, and fine gravel beaches of Lake Superior. Features include:
- Boutique, bed and breakfast style accommodations available for adventure travellers, nature enthusiasts, and families.
- The only waterfront accommodations for over 400 kilometers on the Lake Superior Circle Tour
- Exceptional access to the Michipicoten River, Michipicoten Bay, and Lake Superior
- Sandy Beach, on Lake Superior, is a beautiful beach framed by rugged cliffs A favourite spot of Group of Seven painter A.Y. Jackson
- Scenic High Falls on the Magpie River is a spectacular roaring waterfall with an interpretive trail