Grand Paris Getaway at the Arlington
Located at the confluence of the Grand and Nith Rivers, Paris is the County of Brant’s largest urban centre and one of the prettiest towns in Canada. Known as the Cobblestone Capital of Canada for its many stone homes and churches, Paris is a pleasure to explore.
This two-day experience features an overnight stay at the historic Arlington Hotel as well as a guided, interpretive hike through some of Canada’s most biodiverse nature in the Grand River Valley. A perfect mix of relaxation and outdoor adventure, this Paris getaway is perfect for those wishing to reconnect with each other and nature.
1 Night and 2 Days - $309.00/couple CAD
- One-night accommodation at The Arlington Hotel
- Continental breakfast at The Arlington
- A guided hike of The Grand River – 4 hours with approx. 6 km hike plus interpretative experiences (minimum 6 hikers required).
- Your guide will be Jamie Kent or one of his team members – Jamie left a suit & tie in 1997, pursuing his passion for providing outdoor adventure for visitors from across the world. As a Paddle Canada Instructor-Trainer, Jamie trains other canoe instructors & specializes in instructional trips for clients. He is also a Certified True Colors Trainer in interpersonal skills and combines 35 years of business, training, and adventure experience to operate corporate team building adventures.
- The price listed is per couple. We are able to customize this package to add or subtract nights and inclusions.
- *Take advantage of the 20% Ontario Staycation Tax Credit*
Paris was voted “the Prettiest Little Town in Canada” by Harrowsmith Magazine, so it comes as no surprise thousands of visitors take in this beautiful, quaint, heartwarming town all year long. Whether it’s covered with lush Carolinian foliage, exploding with the colours of a fall palate, a Holiday postcard setting complete with church spires dusted in a light covering of snow, or a spring fairy tale riverside scene, time spent in Paris is always an experience cherished.
Explore nature & early Canadian culture in the historic Grand River Valley. The Grand is a Canadian heritage river & South Ontario’s largest. The surrounding valley is home to some of the province’s largest swaths of forests.
Our interpretative hikes take you off the beaten path to explore some of Canada’s most biodiverse landscapes with rare Carolinian Forest & Tall-grass Prairie few know exist in Ontario. Our knowledgeable guide will lead you to experience the natural world. Perhaps you’ll discover a rare bald eagle nest, view a large Blue Heron Rookery, or hear an Osprey scream in an unspoiled nature reserve. With its Heritage designation, the Grand is rich in First Nations history and legends. Your guide will also share with you stories of early settlers to the area.
Afterward, the Cultural experience continues with the Après Hike, relaxing in an authentic riverside cafe or pub, exploring First Nations culture, or immersing yourself in the historic charm of a heritage hotel. Hiking the Grand River Valley is a Grand Experience.