The Chef’s Wine & Dine Private Retreat at The Wilfrid
Surrounded by fields, forests and vineyards, the Wilfrid Boutique Farmhouse is a spectacular property spanning five acres in beautiful Prince Edward County. It beckons travellers looking for relaxation and rejuvenation. An adults-only micro hotel, the Wilfrid offers sumptuous breakfasts, luxurious accommodations and many added indulgences that make it a guest favourite year after year.
On this 3-night Chef’s Wine and Dine getaway, you will have the luxury of being the only guests at the Wilfrid. You’ll have your choice of room and complete privacy throughout the grounds. This package includes unlimited use of the Scandinavian sauna (complete with a wood-fired sauna, cold plunge pool and hot plunge pool), two five-course meals with wine pairings, a freshly prepared breakfast each morning and a private 4-hour wine tour. Experience winter in the County at its best.
*Take advantage of Ontario’s 2022 Staycation Tax Rebate, up to 20%*
4 Days/3 Nights - $4800/couple CAD
Landsby is a Preferred Partner with VIA Rail – take the train to Trenton, Belleville or Napanee to enjoy this experience. Contact us to add your rail tickets and we can arrange a transfer into the county or arrange for a car rental.
Book an experience with Landsby and benefit from our preferred car rental agreements with Enterprise/National:
- Special contract rates
- Ceiling rates or 10% off best rate for National Car Rental
- 5% discount for Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Complimentary membership in National’s Emerald Club®
- Free additional driver
- Free car rental drop-off at Belleville rail station to drive into Prince Edward County
- Choice of three rooms at The Wilfrid, The White, The Green & The Suite (all rooms with private ensuite bathroom – 4 queen-sized beds in total)
- 3 breakfast feasts
- Afternoon coffee/tea + homebaked treats
- 2 five-course private chef dinners at The Wilfrid
- Sommelier wine pairing with each dinner
- 1 concierge dinner reservation
- Unlimited Scandinavian sauna, wood-fired outdoor sauna – cold plunge pool – hot plunge pool – heated changing cabin/relaxation room
- Japanese organic cotton bathrobes
- Wifi, cable + smart TV (Suite + Library)
- Fresh flowers in the room
- Nightly outdoor fire
- Curated wine selection for purchase on the premises
- Private 4 hour wine tour in a car (vintage car in the summer months)
- Anything of a personal nature or that is not mentioned above
- The optional experiences listed to the right
- The price listed is per couple
- You can add 2 more adults at $1700 CAD per extra guest (maximum 2)
- Adult-only accommodation, 21 years and older
- Once purchased, please contact Landsby to confirm your dates and availability
- VIP private barrel tasting at a local vineyard
- Private yoga session at The Wilfrid with a trainer
- Champagne & Caviar platter for two at The Wilfrid
- Two dozen oysters freshly shucked at The Wilfrid
- A bottle of wine in the room upon arrival
Spring, Summer & Fall
- Bicycles for the duration of their stay
- 18 hole round of golf in Picton with cart
- Horseback riding afternoon
Winter in Prince Edward County is a special season. As the lake turns icy and the fields get covered in snow, a peace falls over the region. It is the perfect time to visit — a cozy retreat to recharge and rejuvenate. Your stay at the Wilfrid Boutique Farmhouse showcases the best the County has to offer in the winter. Your hosts, Frank and Nancy, have created a beautiful country retreat complete with fresh flowers in your room and a breakfast feast in the mornings. This private winter getaway is based on pure indulgences of food and pampering.
Your relaxation begins the moment you arrive. Explore the property, enjoy a glass of wine or indulge in an afternoon coffee or tea with a selection of homebaked goods — these will be available for you every afternoon during your stay. This is just one of the many indulgences in store for you during this 3-night Chef’s Wine and Dine Retreat. During two of the evenings, you will be treated to a five-course private chefs dinner at the Wilfrid, complete with sommelier wine pairings. On the third night, your hosts will make a dinner reservation for you at a nearby restaurant of your choice. After dinner, head out for a cozy country bonfire and, if it is a clear night, your view will be a sky full of stars. After a comfortable sleep in one of the beautiful rooms, wake up to a freshly prepared chef’s breakfast.
Your days can be spent as relaxed or active as you’d like. With unlimited access to the onsite sauna, you can melt away all stress by indulging in the Scandinavian ritual. The Wilfrid is centrally located in Prince Edward County, close to shops and restaurants. If you’re looking for more outdoor adventure, the County offers plenty to do. From skiing and snowshoeing to skating and hiking, you can find a bit of it all nearby.