Experience the freedom of western Canada’s open roads and majestic mountains on this 9-day experience from Landsby! Travel independently, but with a perfectly curated itinerary, seeing the magnificent scenery, fauna and flora British Columbia and Alberta have to offer. The best thing of all is that enough time and freedom has been planned into this experience to allow you to take it at your own pace!
Drive through the spectacular Rocky Mountains, exploring the dynamic and breathtaking Canadian landscape along the way! Keep reading below to find out more, and get in touch if you have any questions for the team here at Landsby. And if you’d like even more travel inspiration, take a look at our British Columbia and Alberta Experiences.
Contact us for more information!
• From price is based on CAD per person, double occupancy
• Surcharges may apply during Holidays and Events. Prices are subject to change
• Hotel services in Canada customarily do not include breakfast. If you do not wish to have breakfast at the hotel restaurant (where available), you may frequently find coffee shops and restaurants close by which serve good and inexpensive breakfasts. Some hotels do offer a continental breakfast. Usually, this continental breakfast is basic and contains coffee and pastries. Variations between the different hotels may result in the following also being available, cereal, cheese, fruit, etc
At Landsby, we are specialists in creating unique experiences in Canada, due to a personal and direct relationship with our local partners. These packages provide a better value than booking a string of hotels separately on your own and allow for a more independent experience while providing peace of mind.
• Experience breathtaking scenery in and around Vancouver
• Travel along the legendary Sea to Sky Highway
• Feel the mist of spectacular Shannon Falls, a towering display of Mother Nature’s force
• Explore majestic Garibaldi Park
• Travel the historic Cariboo Highway, the Gold Rush Trail of the 1860s
• Take in the scenery, forests, wildlife and human heritage of Wells Gray Park and Clearwater
• Appreciate the beauty of Helmcken Falls, a waterfall three times the height of Niagara
• Pass Mount Robson, the highest peak in the Canadian Rocky Mountains
• Travel the Yellowhead Highway
• Enjoy the magic of Jasper, the gentle giant of the Rockies
• Touch ancient ice on the Icefields Parkway
• Discover Banff National Park, Canada’s first national park
• Experience the alpine wonders and dramatic colour of Lake Louise
• Celebrate the Olympic legacy with a visit to Calgary’s Canada Olympic Park
DAY 1: VANCOUVER ARRIVAL
Arrive in Vancouver, pick up your car (if applicable) and proceed to your hotel. The remainder of your evening is at leisure to create your own urban adventure amid the stores, parks, restaurants, theatres, and various other attractions of downtown Vancouver.
DAY 2: VANCOUVER > WHISTLER
You depart Vancouver today and follow the spectacular Sea to Sky Highway to the resort of Whistler. En route, admire Shannon Falls and explore the dramatic canyons, ravines, and lofty peaks of Garibaldi Provincial Park. Once in Whistler, located at the base of Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains, enjoy a hike along the endless trails and high alpine meadows. Driving Distance: 76 MI / 125 KM
DAY 3: WHISTLER > CLEARWATER
As you follow the Cariboo Highway north, you will visit towns and villages that echo the past, as this route was travelled by gold seekers and traders during the famous Cariboo Gold Rush in the late 1800s. After driving through the region known as Lakes Country, the breathtaking vistas and unspoiled wilderness of Wells Gray Provincial Park beckon. You won’t want to miss a visit to Clearwater’s Yellowhead Museum for a taste of frontier life or Spahats Creek Park, where the volcanic origins of the area are still in evidence. Driving Distance: 368 MI / 570 KM
DAY 4: CLEARWATER > JASPER NATIONAL PARK
Take the day to explore the park’s mineral springs, serene lakes and dormant volcanoes, and definitely do not miss towering Helmcken Falls, located near the entrance to the park and over twice as high as Niagara Falls. Then set out for Jasper, and follow the scenic Yellowhead Highway through the water and lava-shaped valley of North Thompson River. En route, you will enjoy panoramic views of Mount Terry Fox as well as Mount Robson, the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies often shrouded by mist. Driving Distance: 235 MI / 378 KM
DAY 5: JASPER NATIONAL PARK
Jasper National Park’s serene lakes and gentle meadows stand in stark contrast to its jagged peaks and spectacular glaciers. Take an early morning hike on one of the many trails for a chance to observe bears and deer. The wilderness of the park also offers wonderful opportunities for canoeing, whitewater rafting, and horseback riding. Great sites to visit include Miette Hot Springs, Medicine Lake, and Maligne Canyon.
DAY 6: JASPER NATIONAL PARK > LAKE LOUISE > CANMORE
You’ll proceed along the Icefields Parkway today, meandering through a landscape of peaks and glaciers before pausing to admire the picturesque alpine waters of Peyto Lake and Moraine Lake. The sparkling turquoise colours and the impressive glacier at Lake Louise are not to be missed. Take a moment to stop at the inspiring Columbia Icefield, where you may even be moved to embark on an unforgettable ride by “snow coach” over the glacier’s surface. Driving Distance: 177 MI / 284 KM
DAY 7: CANMORE > BANFF NATIONAL PARK > CANMORE
Today, explore the region from the ground. You may begin by walking on the area’s numerous hiking trails. Keep your eyes open, you are bound to encounter a variety of wildlife along the way. Consider a thrilling helicopter ride that offers an unforgettable aerial view of the Rocky Mountains (not included). You might also visit the Sundance Range, the Bow and Spray river valleys, Hidden Glacier, and the indomitable peaks of the Three Sisters. Driving Distance: 77 MI / 123 KM
DAY 8: CANMORE > CALGARY
You will leave the majesty of the Canadian Rockies behind and set your sights east. We suggest a visit to Canada Olympic Park where the bobsled and luge events of the 1988 Olympic Winter Games were held. Enjoy an evening in Calgary. Driving Distance: 351 MI / 565 KM
DAY 9: CALGARY DEPARTURE
Enjoy your remaining time in Calgary before returning your rental car (if applicable) to the airport for your departure flight.