Contact us for more information and pricing!
Below is a sample itinerary. The actual itinerary may vary based on weather conditions and wildlife activity.
Experience fabulous fall colours, fantastic wildlife, and an unforgettable experience at Lazy Bear Lodge that will last a lifetime! During your adventure to historic Churchill, Manitoba your days will be packed with colourful adventure, and an immersion into the culture of Churchill. You will have an opportunity to view the Northern Lights each evening weather depending. Each day, you’ll return home to our wood-fire heated log lodge, sumptuous local cuisine at our Lazy Bear Café, and your private room with all the modern amenities.
Soar over the vast tundra in a helicopter while enjoying views of the magnificent coastline of Hudson Bay and the town of Churchill. Look for Polar Bears, Beluga
Whales, Moose, Caribou, Red and Arctic Fox, Ptarmigan and Arctic Hare. Hop on a Tundra Tour to the Churchill Wildlife Management Area aboard the Arctic Crawlers. Don’t be surprised if you see Polar Bears “up close and personal.”
The weather in September can vary quite significantly. There can be warmer days and cooler days so it is important to layer your clothing. Warm clothing is recommended. We recommend packing the following:
• Loose fitting clothing, long socks, long-sleeved shirt and pants for cooler days (be sure to layer)
• A windbreaker/light rain jacket/sweatshirt/fleece jacket/warm fall jacket for cooler days
• Thermal under clothing, a toque (a close-fitting hat covering your ears), mittens or gloves for the boat and walking tour
• Hiking shoes or runners with ankle support
• A good shade hat, sunglasses, binoculars, camera
• Spare batteries for each camera type you bring
• Charging cords for laptops, cell phones, tablets
• We also recommend bringing along a small carry-on bag with your absolute necessities just in case your luggage makes it to Churchill after you do