Journey to historic Churchill, located on the edge of Hudson Bay in remote northern Manitoba, for an unforgettable experience filled with wildlife, culture and the spectacular Northern Lights. Explore the region’s varied ecosystems on land and water as you look for arctic wildlife and get the chance to spot some of Canada’s most iconic animals in their natural habitat. Learn about the culture and history of the town on a guided tour and get a sense of scale of the surrounding wilderness as you soar over the vast tundra in a helicopter. If conditions allow, enjoy endless views of the Northern Lights at night.
Below is a sample itinerary. The actual itinerary may vary based on weather conditions and wildlife activity.
Experience fabulous fall colours and fantastic wildlife on an adventure of a lifetime at Lazy Bear Lodge. Your days in historic Churchill, Manitoba will be packed with culture, history and amazing opportunties to see wildlife in their natural habitat. You will have an opportunity to view the Northern Lights each evening, weather depending. Each day, you’ll return home to our wood-fire heated log lodge, enjoy sumptuous local cuisine at our Lazy Bear Café, and rest in your private room with all the modern amenities.
Soar over the vast tundra in a helicopter while enjoying views of the magnificent coastline of Hudson Bay and the town of Churchill. Look for Polar Bears, Beluga Whales, Moose, Caribou, Red and Arctic Fox, Ptarmigan and Arctic Hare.
Hop on a Tundra Tour to the Churchill Wildlife Management Area aboard the brand new, custom-built, state of the art Arctic Crawler™ tundra vehicles with all the modern amenities including USB ports. Here you will have a chance to view and photograph various wildlife, sometimes even polar bears.
Take a cruise down the Churchill River to meet and greet our "Ambassadors of the North", the gentle and curious Beluga Whales!
You will have a Dog Mushing experience which includes an exhilarating 1 mile dog mushing ride. The dogs love to run whether or not there is snow. Spend time with the dogs, learn how they are trained and hear many entertaining stories.
You will have a Cultural and Heritage Tour of the town plus a Parks Canada presentation.
The weather in September can vary quite significantly. There can be warmer days and cooler days so it is important to layer your clothing. Warm clothing is recommended. We recommend packing the following:
• Loose fitting clothing, long socks, long-sleeved shirt and pants for cooler days (be sure to layer)
• A windbreaker/light rain jacket/sweatshirt/fleece jacket/warm fall jacket for cooler days
• Thermal under clothing, a toque (a close-fitting hat covering your ears), mittens or gloves for the boat and walking tour
• Hiking shoes or runners with ankle support
• A good shade hat, sunglasses, binoculars, camera
• Spare batteries for each camera type you bring
• Charging cords for laptops, cell phones, tablets
• We also recommend bringing along a small carry-on bag with your absolute necessities just in case your luggage makes it to Churchill after you do
Contact us for more information and pricing!